Re: grammar and rhetoric

Subject: Re: grammar and rhetoric
From: "ralph (r.f.) calistro" <calistro -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 16:14:00 -0400

John Brinegar wrote:

>I'm concerned that so many of the messages on techwr-l are about
>grammar and rhetoric. Isn't there more to technical communication
>that that?

>I'd like to see more postings on topics such as these:

And then there is a list of issues and questions. In
response to your concerns?I won't list them here, I would
like to add that I too would like to see more discussion of
the topics you presented, but the issues presented are
essentially rhetorical ones. They raise questions about the
nature of the message and who created it, how and to whom
the message is delivered, and the impact that the message
has on the audience.

In any case, I would be happy to see you promote discussion
of these issues.

Ralph F. Calistro, Ph.D.
Northern Telecom
Ottawa, Canada