Re: New Jersey-MS in Tech Comm

Subject: Re: New Jersey-MS in Tech Comm
From: Rahul Ravel <rahul -at- ORNEWS -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 08:42:45 -0700

Doug Fettig <DFettig -at- nyd -dot- legent -dot- com> writes:

>The NJ Institute of Technology in Newark has a new
>MS program in professional and technical communication.

(curriculum deleted)

No flame intended for Doug but after looking at the
curriculum, I noticed there wasn't anything technical
in the curriculum. For an MS in the field, I'd think
that there would be some credit hours devoted to that.

I received a BS in Tech Journalism from Oregon State
University. As part of the degree program, you had to
obtain a minor in one of the science or engineering
disciplines. I don't want to re-ignite the "how technical
a writer should be" argument but I'd think a MS degree
would have a provision that a few credits would be in a
technical field.

My .02.

-Rahul