Re: portfolios

Subject: Re: portfolios
From: Chuck Martin <techwriter -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 17:09:24 PDT

LaVonna,

When I was in the job market a year ago and interviewing, I organized
a number of documents: resume, recommendations, transcripts (I was
just graduating), and writing and programming samples, put them all
on 8.5" x 11" paper, designed a cover for them, took them to a copy
shop, and had several copies made and tape bound.

When I went to interviews, I could give each interviewer a copy
and say it was theirs to keep and review at their leisure. It seemed
that a number of interviewers liked the idea.

It's fairly cheap to do--and I was on a student budget at the time.
20-25 copies, a copy on cardstock for the cover, and binding ran
about $2-3, if I remember correctly.

Chuck Martin
Information Developer, IBM
techwriter -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com