Mentors? Read on.

Subject: Mentors? Read on.
From: "Anthony Robbins, Power Guru" <szcz0002 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 14:41:32 -0500

Hello Techwhirlers . . . .

This message concerns my interest in finding a mentor.
Does anyone on this list know of an online mentor or mentoring project?

If you are interested, read on. I'll introduce myself:
I will soon complete my BS in Scientific and Technical Communications from
the University of Minnesota.

I am working as intern at Excel Instruction (a corporate training firm).
My interest is in training and educational media. Among the projects I
have worked on so far are:

1. Standard Word, Excel, PowerPoint (and so on) tutorial cue cards for
insurance/securities companies. Primarily for LAN set ups. 2. Training
script for an Authoware (multimedia) project. 3. Misc. needs analysis and
questionnaires for medical companies. 4. BBS; installed a company BBS for
world-wide client dial-in.

I am searching for a mentor who has experience in training and
contracting. The company I am working for is currently paying me an
hourly internship wage that would work out to roughly 21k a year, were I
working full time. They are considering hiring me this fall, and I need
tips on salary negotiation and on how to improve my performance and avoid
common pitfalls.

I have two years of classroom video experience (editing) and that
continues to be one of my interests. I am also interested in
management and starting my own company after several years
experience. I have creative/entrepenurial leanings, and I am definetly not
a conformist (although I can disguise myself as one). Oh yeah, I come
from a rough lower-class background and I would prefer a mentor who has
some experience in that area. But pLEEaze, I'll take an mentor I can get
:-).

COMPUTER BLAH BLAH ;-]
I am familar with PC and Mac platforms, have worked with the PowerPC. I am
slightly/moderately familar with UNIX, DOS, WINDOWS, OS/2, Pagemaker,
Quark, CorelDraw, Authorware, Premiere. I am familar with the MS office line,
Photoshop, Director. I am all to familar with the internet utilities,
including mosaic and gopher. (Yes, I do know how to write, and give a
presentation, and edit--In fact, I was the proofreader for _Technical
Communication Quarterly_) ;-).

I am also interested in hearing from anyone else who has had an
internship before or who is going through the process.

Well, if you have read this far, that is great! Please send your
response directly to me because I recieve this list in digests form.
Plus, we don't want to clog up the internet now, do we?

ciao, --Alex
Signature-Free Internet

ps--I am terrible college student.
Alex Szczepaniak
szcz0002 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu