Resume fonts

Subject: Resume fonts
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 07:12:00 UTC

I certainly hope anyone who looks at my resume is reading, not critiqueing
the fonts. Bonnie has already explained what she really meant. I have
heard of other criteria for making the "first cut." When Bonnie described
the environment she was working in at the time, you can understand why she
dropped a resume as soon as she saw a negative. If she still came out with
six people to interview, I guess that method's as good as any.

But, you managers and interviewers out there, please do remember that some
of us do not use our current employer's equipment to do our resumes. Some
of us don't have a lot of money to spend on a resume. We do have to do our
best with what we have (and if you hire us, we'll be ready to do our best
job with what you have). We have to make a good guess about what will
impress you. Hopefully you will respect us for that and look at what we
have to offer.

-Marilynne

One of my managers dropped the resume at the first typo. Now, when you are
interviewing writers and editors, that's not a bad plan.