Re: How many steps?

Subject: Re: How many steps?
From: "Bonni J. Graham" <bgraham -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 09:22:39 PST

I usually try to stay under ten. First of all, with the formatting I do,
double-digits present aggravations (I can work it out, but not as
attractively as I'd like in the space I have to work with). Most
importantly, however, my audience(s) seems to get flustered if they try to
remember more than eight or nine steps. More than that makes it "hard" to
them. What I will, do, though, is combine a couple of actions into one
step, using separate lines:

5) Enter the task name,
press TAB,
enter the task duration,
and press ENTER.

Doing this makes fewer steps, since all of those actions are really one
step (Create a Task). I know that's not the best example, since you could
simply have a four-step section called Create a Task, but you see the
direction I'm going.

Hope this helps!
B.
Bonni Graham