Re: Well, Dan Dieterich responds

Subject: Re: Well, Dan Dieterich responds
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 13:47:46 CDT

I hesitate to post my opinion on this subject. But, I really think
that you're being too tough on Dan. If I remember correctly, his
original message was to someone who didn't seem to understand why
neutral pronouns are preferable to non-neutral pronouns. That is
"relevant subject matter" for a Tech Writers discussion list. It seems
only fair that he then be allowed to respond to flames from people who
didn't share his opinion.

Subject: Well, Dan Dieterich responds
Author: Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207 -at- gate -dot- pnl -dot- gov at SMTP
Date: 6/10/94 1:23 PM

You're welcome to get a kick out of Mike's post, Beth. As you can
probably guess, I didn't. Dealing with the flaming that erupted in response
to my message has'nt been pleasant. For me, however, keeping silence when
someone demeans and insults others is even less pleasant.

- Dan

Having a positive image of one's self and taking pride in
one's makeup does NOT in any way demean another. This is a
Tech Writers discussion list, Dan. Can you please restrict
your posts here to relevant subject matter and take your
political and socio-economic babble to a different forum?

Rich