Tautologies

Subject: Tautologies
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- CRABAPPLE -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 10:19:28 IDT

How about the increasingly popular...

MyProduct is a trademark of MyCompany.
Other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.

You see it everywhere now in one tautological form or another. Not that
I'm complaining. Well do I remember searching grumpily through the ads
in trade magazines to find out what was a trademark of whom, before my
employer discovered the "other trademarks belong to whomever the hell
they belong to" formula. And a lawyer gave it his official (or at
least his well-paid) blessing.

Mark L. Levinson | E-mail: mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il
Summit EDA Technologies | Voice: +972-9-507102, ext. 230 (work),
Box 544 | +972-9-552411 (home)
46105 Herzlia, ISRAEL | Fax: +972-9-509118