abstractions

Subject: abstractions
From: HALL -at- WTHM32 -dot- SINET -dot- SLB -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 08:51:28 +0000

From: NAME: HALL <HALL -at- WTHM32@PSI%ESFM01 -at- MRGATE@SNMRTR>
To: "techwr-l -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet"@M_INTERNET -at- MRGATE@SNMRTR -at- SNMRTR

Friday ramblings, dateline Paris:
Glad to see Dave Barry being quoted here. What's with all this "stupid"
talk? "Keep It Simple Stupid", "I'm with Stupid", "It's the economy, STUPID",
"She's such a stupid girl (M. Jagger). Tough to developed a swelled head.

Don't you wish more manuals sounded like this:

No one remembers the date of the Battle of Shiloh. But the day we took Fox
Green Beach was the sixth of June, and the wind was blowing hard out of the
northwest. As we moved in toward land in the gray early light, the 36-foot
coffin-shaped steel boats took solid green sheets of water that fell on the
helmeted heads of the troops packed shoulder to shoulder in the stiff, awkward,
uncomfortable, lonely companionship of men going to a battle. There were cases
of TNT, with rubber-tube life preservers wrapped around them to float them in
the surf, stacked forward in the steel wells of the LCV(P), and there were
piles of bazooka rockets encased in water-proof coverings that reminded you
of the transparent raincoats that college girls wear.

Bon weekend, world.

Kirby

VMSmail To information: M_INTERNET::"techwr-l -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet"