job leads: Pittsburgh/Chicago

Subject: job leads: Pittsburgh/Chicago
From: Shannon Ford - Technical Writer <shannon -at- UNIFACE -dot- ALAMEDA -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 14:57:13 -0700

Can anyone living and working in Pittsburgh, PA or
Chicago, IL give me some tips about living and working
as a writer in these cities?

For example, how hard it is to get tech writing jobs, who
are the major employers, job search services unique to
these areas, and so on.

I'm looking at going to graduate school in one of
these places, so my husband, also a tech writer,
will be looking for work. He's a versatile writer, so
I'd appreciate information in any subject area.
I may also be looking for occasional contract work,
depending on how my finances balance out.

Thanks,
Shannon Ford
shannon -at- uniface -dot- alameda -dot- ca -dot- us