Re: How would you....?

Subject: Re: How would you....?
From: Mary Bull <Mary_Bull -at- DAYNA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 14:49:08 -0700

Glen Accardo,glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM,Internet asks about which article to use with
SQL. I guess I'm from the conservative side when it comes to acronyms. I've
always regarded acronyms as strings of letters and not words. Which means I'd
use "an" with "SQL". If the speaker wants to combine the letters into a
pseudo-word, fine. But the written text should reflect acronyms just being
letter combinations.

Mary Bull
Dayna Communications
Soreson Research Park