Re: Standards

Subject: Re: Standards
From: Jeff Hibbard <hibbard -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 15:17:02 CDT

Nancy, STC does indeed have an official group working on standards; it's
called the STC Standards Council and I have been its manager since May
of this year. We have several committees at work, as well as a number
of other activities.

The STC PIC on Quality, headed by Shirley Andersen, also has an
involvement with standards. Essentially, the Council does research,
development, and inter-organizational operations, while the PIC will be
responsible for education and information distribution within STC about
standards.

I'm hoping to have time next week to do a longer posting to TECHWR-L, in
which I'll outline some of the things we're doing and offer some
perspective on some of the issues that have come up in this discussion
thread. After that, anyone who has a well-thought-out suggestion on the
subject is welcome to send it to me, though I have to say up front that
I can't respond to every note nor participate at length in discussion on
the list.

Jeff Hibbard
IBM Journal of Research and Development
Yorktown Heights, New York