[no subject]

From: Shelley Larock <larock -at- TYCHO -dot- ARH -dot- CDC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 06:50:50 -0700

Sorry about the missign subject. Can't get my mail program to give me one.

What this is about is the postings regarding writers as developers. I am
graduating in less than a year with a BS in scientific and tech communications.
My minor course work is in mechanical engineering, and I really hope to find
a job that will let me work with developers throughout the design and
development
stages. From what I read in these postings, there doesn't seem to be a lot
of positions out there like this. Am I wrong?

My ideal job would be working in an engineering department. I would like to
help with both designing AND documenting the product. Because my engineering
knowledge is quite extensive, I know I could handle both the engineering
and tech writing aspects of a job like this.

From what I've seen in job advertisements, it seems like most companies
are looking for tech writers to work on software documentation. Luckily
I do have a few programming classes under my belt and I'm currently working
on such a project for the summer, so I'll have the work experience. But
could any of you out there who are involved with the design AND documentation
of new products please let me know a little more about what to expect.

Thanks a lot. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Shelly La Rock
larock -at- tycho -dot- arh -dot- cdc -dot- com