[no subject]

From: Shelley Larock <larock -at- TYCHO -dot- ARH -dot- CDC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 08:09:53 -0700

Greetings!

I've just joined the mailing list and am already elated with all
of the information available! I look forward to both hearing
from and contributing to the mail in the future.

I'm writing in response to Sushil Oswal's request for information
on tech writing books for beginners. As a college student, I
feel that the earlier you can peak a student's interest in
something the more they will enjoy learning about it. I
really didn't think too much of tech writing when I walked into
my first writing class and found out that I was going to be
writing book reports on Poe and Chekhov's works for ten weeks!
I believe that if you show them what they will be doing in four
or five years, not only will they have a better understanding of
what tech writing is about, but perhaps they will be able to
decide if this is the right career choice for them.

I'd be very interested in seeing the results of the book
search. I don't have any titles or authors of any books
I've used, but if I find them I'll let you all know. There's
been a few "doozies" in the last few years!

Thanks for listening!

Shelly La Rock
larock -at- tycho -dot- arh -dot- cdc -dot- com