Ventura 4.1.1 to Frame conversion

Subject: Ventura 4.1.1 to Frame conversion
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 16:19:13 PDT

Hi everybody,

Has anyone out there successfully converted a Ventura 4.1.1
document to FrameMaker 4.0?

Frame 4's filter doesn't support Ventura 4.1.1, so I tried
using Ventura's "43" utility that converts files to VP 3.x,
then tried loading that in Frame. Frame encountered a filter
error and was unable to load the files. I tried different kinds
of ASCII (8-bit, regular) formats for the text, but that didn't
seem to help. Frame, by the way, says they don't have any
plans to upgrade the filter to VP 4.1.1 until their next major
release (currently it covers VP 1.0 to 4.0).

I'm not using Frame at work yet, but I'd like to if I could
just figure a way to convert these $#%$# files (preferably
without hiring a consultant)!

Please reply to me using email if you have any suggestions, and
I'll summarize to the list. Thanks!

Lamenting that last upgrade,

Faith Weber
EA Systems Inc.