Re: Mosaic and Standards (was: Format for standards tables)

Subject: Re: Mosaic and Standards (was: Format for standards tables)
From: Valerie Archambeau <varchamb -at- MIDWAY -dot- UCHICAGO -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 12:52:44 -0600

Matt--

Thank you for your clarification. But I wasn't trying to make a general
statement about WWW and creating documents for all browsers.

Lavonna asked specifically about the Mosaic browser, and my comments sought
to address her concern. Yes, there are other browsers, but at this
"historical moment" Mosaic is the most widely used.

It is important to note, however, that my audience is a limited, definable
one--a university--and that my department recommends and supports Mosaic
for our user community.

The WWW style sheet I downloaded contained these styles. The archive also
contained an RTF to HTML converter. In order to make the conversion
easier, I have used only these styles in my documents:

Address Style
Block Quote Style
Bullet List
Bullet List One
Bullet List Two
Glossary
Glossary one
Glossary Two
Heading One
Heading Two
Heading Three
Heading Four
Heading Five
Heading Six
HR
Normal
Numbered List
Numbered List One
Numbered List Two
pre

Thanks for your input :)
Valerie--Still Without Her Morning Coffee--Archambeau
varchamb -at- midway -dot- uchicago -dot- edu

---------Stuff deleted-------