Re: Need an attractive name

Subject: Re: Need an attractive name
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 10:00:25 CDT

Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM> writes

|}
|} Our release notes contain things about installation,
|} sometimes to the point where the release notes replace the instructions
|} in the manual completely. As long as the front page of the release
|} notes makes it somewhat obvious that installation instructions are
|} included, people should be able to figure it out and do the right thing.

Should be able to. Unfortunately for us, our hotline found out that
``Release Notes'' spells ``Roundfile Me'' to many of our customers,
and that we needed to call it something different on the front cover
to let people know that this *isn't* the usual list of bug fixes that
nobody really reads anyway.

Hopefully, the name changed enough to change the document from a tosser
to a keeper. Not enough hotline data to know if it worked yet, YMMV.

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "She understood, as he did, that all writing
was infernally boring and futile, but that it had to be done out of respect
for tradition" --Stanislaw Lem