Re: Step vs Task

Subject: Re: Step vs Task
From: Richard Sobocinski <"Richard_G_Sobocinski%~WHC207"@CCMAIL.PNL.GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 17:20:00 -0700

Kevin asks about using step vs task:

I prefer step for purely psychological reasons. To me a "task" is work I have
to do. A "step" seems to imply that this is guidance to take me through the
process. I like guidance. I don't like work.

Have fun.

Joely

Joely Beatty
AOL = Empressgjb
Internet = Empressgjb -at- aol -dot- com

July 22, 1994
4:06 pm
I guess I'm used to documenting process procedures. It is
work, I don't think anyone would do this kind of stuff for
free :) A task may be to *Start the Auxiliary Generator*.
In order to perform this task without hurting yourself or
damaging the equipment you need to follow the *steps* that
tell you how to do it (*check that cooling water is aligned,
start the oil pump, yadda, yadda, yadda*).

Rich
Yins have a great weekend!