Re: Standards for Documentation Terminology

Subject: Re: Standards for Documentation Terminology
From: Hiroaki IKEDA <ikeda -at- HIKE -dot- TE -dot- CHIBA-U -dot- AC -dot- JP>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 11:55:19 +0900

>Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 11:24:53 -0500
>From: Phil Hellerman <shared!shared!philh -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>

> I am interested in knowing if anyone uses a published standard as a guide
> for establishing departmental terminology standards.
[staff deleted]
> Additionally, ISO has some standard
> documents covering Software Development and System Documentation. However,
> the catalogue descriptions don't specifically reference standards as they
> releate to terminlogy.

I would like to draw your attention to an IEC Standard on
"International Electrotechnical Vocabulary". It is published
as IEC Std. 50 and available from your National Committee, IEC, or
directly from Central Office in Geneva. The IEV divided into
many chapters.

For your reference, IEC, International Electrotechnical Commission
covers international standards for all electrotechnical fields.
For more details visit our WWW server with URL:
http://www.hike.te.chiba-u.ac.jp/ikeda/IEC/home.html

With regards,
Hiroaki Ikeda