bad manuscripts (sort of)

Subject: bad manuscripts (sort of)
From: Shelley Larock <larock -at- TYCHO -dot- ARH -dot- CDC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 18:03:12 GMT

Hi all,

It's funny to see how many of these "bad manuscript" phrases I recognize--
especially the sports items.

Well back at school I work in the career center. I've looked at a lot
of different resumes and the thing that always gets me is when students
write, "Excellent references available upon request." Even though this
may not be as funny as some of the others posted, it floors me when I see
it, because honestly, would someone really give a prospective employer a
BAD reference? A professor of mine noted this to a class I was in and
everyone agreed. But, of course, there's still a few of those engineers
who think they're better writers than us and insist on keeping this.

Oh well, just my thoughts and words again.

Take care.

Shelly
larock -at- tycho -dot- arh -dot- cdc -dot- com