Re: Advertisement?

Subject: Re: Advertisement?
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 14:44:25 CDT

Hey gang,
on what to do about ads on TECHWR-L. Frankly, I don't like
seeing them, so I generally send a reply to the sender (with
a copy to postmaster -at- where -dot- ever -dot- they -dot- are) explaining that
this is not a forum for their ads and that they should please
take them elsewhere. Thus far, it has worked. At least, we
haven't had too many repeat ads posted.

I would suggest that others who feel the same about the ads
also direct their comments to the sender and possibly the
postmaster.

Just as a note, I generally find the obnoxious part of the ad
to be its unsolicited nature. For example, if someone had
posted a message yesterday explaining that they desperately
needed to transfer information between two computers and
where on earth could they get a cable, I wouldn't have had a
problem with the message today at all.

Just my two cents. Let me know how you feel and I'll
summarize to the list.
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Advertisement?
Author: Ilana Katz <tmc!Notes!Ilana_Katz -dot- MONITOR -at- uunet -dot- uu -dot- net> at SMTP
Date: 8/2/94 1:54 PM