Re: You may

Subject: Re: You may
From: "Bonni J. Graham" <bgraham -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 04:38:07 PST

Mindy notes:

"My other latest beef: writers insist on describing numbers that aren't
valid as
"invalid." Does an invalid number need a wheelchair?"

Well, what I'm really wondering is if it gets to park in all the close
spots at the grocery store. But in reality, according to two different
thesauri, inVALid is the correct antonym for valid. I guess this proves
that there's a lot to be said for emphasizing syllables.

P.S., Sorry about "San Diegan's". My Random Apostrophe Generator must have
been turned on. (I *thought* I took that out of the autoexec.bat...) I
wouldn't mention it, except that apostrophe abuse is one of my pet peeves.

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
Director, Region 8 Conference
bgraham -at- electriciti -dot- com