Re: weekend recreation

Subject: Re: weekend recreation
From: st20c -at- ELROY -dot- UH -dot- EDU
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 1994 06:56:08 GMT

In article <320lct$dg2 -at- tequesta -dot- gate -dot- net>, dcitron -at- gate -dot- net (D. Citron) writes:
>Lester Klein (lklein -at- cap -dot- gwu -dot- edu) wrote:
>: THEIR IS FIVE ERRERS IN THIS SENTANCE.

>: Can you find them?

THEIR should be THERE (homonym/spelling)
IS should be ARE (subject verb agreement)
ERRERS should be ERRORS (spellling)
SENTANCE should be SENTENCE (spelling)
for the first four errors that I found.

>: Lester Klein
>: 114 Melbourne Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20901
>: 301-587-0659

>NO. If the numerical count is counted one of the errors, then there are
>five errors -- and the count is not an error.

>But if the count is not an error, there are only four errors .... and
>so on.

Since I didn't see the original posting, could improper capitalization
be the fifth error?

>Try this one:

> |-----------------------------------|
> | The sentence in the box is false. |

Should that read "The sentence in this box is false." ?
^^^^
or more simply, "This sentence is false."?

> David H. Citron .................................... dcitron -at- gate -dot- net
> Tech Writer/Journalist/Copywriter -- Contract/Freelance/Telecommuting

(I am not trying to be presumptious, and I know that I create plenty of
mistakes myself, I am merely curious.)

KALiu
st20c -at- jetson -dot- uh -dot- edu