Re: another bad manuscript

Subject: Re: another bad manuscript
From: "naomi (n.) bulka" <nbulka -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 22:19:00 -0400

I shared some of your 'bad' examples with co-workers in my office and
was given the following in return:

It is necessary for technical reasons that these warheads should be
stored with the top at the bottom and the bottom at the top. In order
that there may be no doubt as to which is the top and which is the
bottom for storage purposes, it will be seen that the bottom of each
head has been labelled with the word TOP.
--Royal Navy instructions for storing torpedo warheads.

From the Profile Disk Drive manual for Apple computers: "Your Profile
Drive is packed in a cardboard shipping carton. After you open the
carton, remove the top layer of thick, foam material and you will find a
small cardboard box lying on top of the drive. The box contains this
manual.
--John Zussman, quoted in InfoWorld