Example of bad writing

Subject: Example of bad writing
From: Marsha Wolicki <cmawta -at- TAUX01 -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 11:08:14 IDT

I just came across this in a document I am editing.

A latch is implied when an always statement is used without negedge
or posedge constructs in the event expression, and it included an if
statement in which not all conditions are satisfied. The latch allows
a variable to hold its value (state) until that value is reassigned.
A variable must hold its state when its previous value may change,
because of a condition in an if statement. When the condition is true
the value is reassigned. Since the condition may be false, the variable
must be able to hold its state. Therefore, a latch is created to hold
the previous value of the variable.All the inputs of the latch should
be defined in the event expression but in order to infer a synchronous
latch only the clock signal should be declared in the if expression.

I typed it exactly as I received it, i.e., in one paragraph and punctuated
as shown. Of course, my contact is not available.

Marsha
cmawta -at- taux01 -dot- nsc -dot- com