Re: Word 6.0 /Windows

Subject: Re: Word 6.0 /Windows
From: JBergen <jbergen -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 00:29:03 -0400

In article <9408111410 -dot- AA25424 -at- BRS -dot- Com>, John Russell <johnr -at- brs -dot- com>
writes:

>I've been using Word 6.0a for Windows for quite awhile and have recently
realized how poorly it manages memory. Has anyone else out there who uses
Word 6.0 regularly noticed the same?

my answer:

Oh, boy, have I !!! Just this week I got a message "File too large to
save...." then crash. The file was only 800K by the way. I constantly get
error messages when I print but I have learned to just ignore them. They
go away until I try to print the document again. In the case of "File too
large..." I just copied, closed that document, started a new document,
pasted, and saved it with a new name. You have to tweak a few things, but
it usually works alright.

One hint I got from the Microsoft tech support folks...NEVER USE FASTSAVE!
It will cause problems every time. Go into Tools/Options/Save and make
sure it is UNchecked. The next time you save your file you will see a
dramatic size reduction and a few less quirks.

Good luck.

Janie Bergen
AnswerSoft, Inc.