Education reform (was re: Report on how kids...)

Subject: Education reform (was re: Report on how kids...)
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 17:43:03 -0500

Laura J. told of the "ah-ha!" experience she had when a teacher
showed her how to relate her education from one class to an
assignment in another. I remember having similar experiences.

Perhaps a more wholistic approach is the key to education reform.
Something that shows that English _is_ important to biology and
history; history _does_ relate to English and science; algebra
_does_ relate to... uh... hmmm... ;-) Oh well, you get the
idea.

Do any of you have any experience with alternative forms of
education?

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
BTW, I feel I have to add these disclaimers: This thread _does_
relate to technical writing. Someone's got to care about our
educational system, and aren't technical writers some of the most
caring folks around?