Re: Educational reform

Subject: Re: Educational reform
From: Louise Penberthy <louise -at- PRAVDA -dot- CC -dot- GATECH -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 17:07:53 -0400

In article <TECHWR-L%94081610582082 -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu>,
<mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com> wrote:
>:proselytizing on.

>I went to a Waldorf school up here in Toronto, from kindergarten through
>grade 12. Wonderful teachers, wonderful school, great teaching philosophy.
>Some of the things they did:
> - teach within a historical sequence. For example, chemistry went through
> ancient Greek theories, medieval ones, up through phlogiston, etc.
> before we even saw a periodic table. [.....]
> In addition, there were several courses such as "history through music"
> or "history through architecture", that explored the development of a
> particular discipline from earliest roots up to the present day [.....]

This school sounds fascinating. One question, though, did it
cover any scientific or cultural traditions besides the Western
ones?

Also, does it (if it is still in existence) teach any other
traditions now?

-- Louise Penberthy

--
Louise Penberthy | O Goddess, keep me in the company of
LCC | those who seek the truth, and preserve