Re: invalid

Subject: Re: invalid
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 00:02:00 -0500

M>You say *in' - va - lid* I say *in - val' - id*...
M>If I may, it really is about the intended reader and whow they'd be
M>likely to interpret the word.

According to Random House, the difference has to do with meaning:

For example:

"Her grandfather had been an in'-va-lid for as long as she could
remember."

"The message 'That command is in-val'-id' is displayed."

Barb

barb -dot- philbrick -at- pcohio -dot- com
---
~ CMPQwk 1.4 #9107 ~ The gene pool has no lifeguard