Re: Plug for learning sentence structure

Subject: Re: Plug for learning sentence structure
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 17:30:00 CDT

At twenty-eight, am I considered an old-timer?

Anyway, try to find a Warriner's grammar book (try used book stores located
near major universities or Barnes & Noble/Border's type bookstores. Lots of
good diagramming sentence examples! They run from seventh to twelfth grade.

Kayla
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Wednesday, August 17, 1994 8:41AM

When I was in junior high, I absolutely loved to diagram sentences.
For the last 15 years, however, I have been afraid to discuss
the subject in public for fear of losing my job. (It
feels SO good to come out of the closet!)

Probably it will come as no surprise to anyone that I
have a 10-year-old daughter who wants to learn how to
diagram sentences. Of course, no teacher would ever
degrade himself or herself to show her how, and I have
unfortunately forgotten the finer points.

Do any of you old-timers know of any books that show
how to diagram sentences? If I had a title and author I
could maybe buy one on the black market.

(I'm sure glad my supervisor doesn't read this mailing
list!)

Donna Ellis
dle -at- alpha -dot- sunquest -dot- com

"Living on the edge"