Re: temperature-range style

Subject: Re: temperature-range style
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- CORP -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 09:33:49 CDT

Hi LaVonna,

I would use #3--this is only my opinion.

It seems to me that if you are using the degree symbol, as opposed to the
word, that you need to associate it with each number as you do in the
last example. On the other hand, if I were going to write it out, I
would say "50 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit."

Does this make any sense?

Nora Merhar
merhar -at- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com

<clip>

Which is correct, and why?

1. ... for use in temperatures 50 to 250oF.
2. ... for use in temperatures 50o to 250oF.
3. ... for use in temperatures 50oF to 250oF.