Re: Re[2]: Why paper books

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Why paper books
From: Gabe Goldberg <gabe -at- ACCESS1 -dot- DIGEX -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 18:44:22 GMT

Programmers at a place I used to work (a *long* time ago) worked on
minicomputers which processed and produced paper tape, including for
program storage. Where would you store a large amount of paper tape?
In a wastebasket? They did, and regretted it.

Pretty soon, the "concave data storage units" (wastebaskets) were fitted
with bright red covers marked in a few languages "don't touch".

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.
13382 Brookfield Court, Chantilly, VA 22021-2618