Overseas contract tech writing

Subject: Overseas contract tech writing
From: Tim Carlson <timc -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 1994 22:13:49 GMT

Has anyone worked overseas--Middle-East, Asia, Europe--
as a contract tech writer? I see occasional recruiting
ads, usually for one-year contracts, and am wondering if
this might be worth exploring. If you've had this experience,
how was it? I'm particularly interested in:

--What to look for in a agency
--Typical compensation and other benefits available
--Any other tips, pointers, advice

If you haven't contracted overseas but know someone who has,
I'd appreciate it if you'd forward this inquiry to them.

Thanks--

timc -at- eskimo -dot- com

---end