Thermometer spelling

Subject: Thermometer spelling
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 22:00:55 -0400

There was a posting earlier concerning the proper spelling of the name
"Fahrenheit." I agree, the proper spelling of this name is important, and
it's something we should try to remember. The name violates the old "I
before E" rule, but of course it's a German name. I, for one, will be very
careful with these name.
BTW, I think this part of that same message has been answered, but the "break
even" point for the two temperature scales is -40 Selcius.