Re: publicity

Subject: Re: publicity
From: DOCESM <DOCESM -at- IBI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 09:59:00 LCL

Sandra,
I graduated from college last year, and I had no intention of becoming a
technical writer. I majored in Journalism and through the luck of the
draw, I interviewed here and got the job.

I would have to say no, not many people are aware of the profession. I
went to two different schools, and there was no such thing as a
"technical writing" course or anything like that at all. It would be my
opinion that tech writing sounds boring to a college student; hell, when
I tell people what I do, they're like "oh," like I have some sort of
disease or what I do sounds REALLY boring.

So that's one man's opinion. Take care.
PEACE!
Ed in NJ 8)