Job advertisements

Subject: Job advertisements
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 09:59:13 EDT

Recent exchange concerning DTP/WP platforms:>
> Get it and learn it. It's only software, after all. Get the others and
>learn them too, it's good practice.

>Whoa! It's only hundreds of dollars! I'll admit that I think Word for Windows
>is a good investment, but I haven't upgraded to FrameMaker 4.0 or bought
>CorelDraw or Pagemaker because I can't afford them.

> In my opinion, it's not a lot different from knowing how to drive a Ford but
>not a Chevy. IOW no big deal...

>Yeah, but you don't *BUY* both the Ford and the Chevy.

That last comment is very true. Not only am I unable to afford each platform,
I don't have room on my hard drive to store all of them.

This is at the heart of the problem, there are a half-dozen different
platforms out there and we'd have to be an expert in all of them in order to
be fully marketable. It's even more complex than that: I consider myself
proficient in Frame, but I don't have a day-to-day need for the conditional
text feature. Someone else doesn't use hypertext, another may not have a call
for cross references or even graphics.

I don't have a solution, just a sense of frustration.

Rick Lippincott
I can send, but not receive at work. Send replies to:
rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com