Re: Job advertisements

Subject: Re: Job advertisements
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 17:41:12 -0700

Gwen Barnes said:
> -> am in the process of reading through hundreds of job offers that go i
> -> great detail about how much Microsoft Word for Windows experience the

> Get it and learn it. It's only software, after all. Get the others and
> learn them too, it's good practice.

Whoa! It's only hundreds of dollars! I'll admit that I think Word for
Windows is a good investment, but I haven't upgraded to FrameMaker 4.0
or bought CorelDraw or Pagemaker because I can't afford them.

> In my opinion, it's not a lot different from knowing how to drive a Ford
> but not a Chevy. IOW no big deal...

Yeah, but you don't *BUY* both the Ford and the Chevy.

People on this list were very helpful when I was whining about this
last year, and make suggestions about service bureaus, copy shops,
etc. By all means learn the software. But you can get exposed to it
without having to pay for it.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com