Re: What are White papers?

Subject: Re: What are White papers?
From: "Massi, Jerri" <JMassi -at- ADMIN -dot- CLEMSONSC -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 13:30:00 PDT

The question came up in a recent post: what are white papers?

I did not know either, and maybe my company's version of what a white paper
is has become too customized to apply across the board, but here goes:

A white paper is a sales strategy/information companion piece. It's the
info behind all the glitzy stuff that we suppl y to sales personnel. Th
ewhite papers that I have written supplied the following information:

1. Market analysis: who will buy, why that person will buy, who the
typical customer will be, all market research in capsulized form.

2. Successful strategies to implement for the target customer, typical
questions to expect.

3. Product analysis: Tables and charts of info about the product that
supply a quick index of answers for the sales person. In other words, we
get all the specs down to a few pages in readable, accessible form

4. Reasons that our product is the best out there, so that sales personnel
can feel good and be convinced that this product is worth selling.

Hope this helps you!

JeriWho -at- aol -dot- com