Internet Intro Guides

Subject: Internet Intro Guides
From: MMB1 <mmb1 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 00:40:05 -0400

In article <199406280349 -dot- AA153115360 -at- relay2 -dot- geis -dot- com>,
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com writes:

> The time is ripe for an easy to use, easy to understand user's guide to
the
> Internet. If I'm behind the times, please give title and author.

> -Marilynne

Hi, Marilynne,

I'm so delighted you asked this question... I haven't been surfing the
'net for very long, and I've been itching for an opportunity to help
someone else with a question because people have been so helpful answering
mine!

Two books I'd heartily recommend for novice 'net surfers were written by
Harley Hahn and Rick Stout. The first is The Internet Complete Reference
(Osborne McGraw Hill, ISBN 0-07-881980-6, 1994, USD $29.95). It looks
thick and daunting, but it's VERY well written and organized, and the
humorous bits are a scream. The second is the Internet Yellow Pages
(Osborne McGraw Hill, ISBN 0-07-882023-5, 1994, USD $27.95). As the name
suggests, this book is organized like a telephone book. If you're curious
how to find forums that specialize in pagan yule rituals and other arcane
(and, for that matter, even for useful) subjects, this is your book.

Good luck with your explorations!

Rgds,

Madeline Bechtold
MMB1 -at- aol -dot- com
mmb -at- qad -dot- com
(And I forget what my Compuserve address is... darn it, why do they have
to use those stupid user ID numbers!)