Re: need recommendations for dictionary

Subject: Re: need recommendations for dictionary
From: Elna -dot- Tymes -at- SYNTEX -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 1994 18:06:28 PDT

In article <35cmg4$9rn -at- pravda -dot- cc -dot- gatech -dot- edu>, <louise -at- pravda -dot- cc -dot- gatech -dot- edu>
writes:

> I'm doing a tech writing internship at AT&T (the former NCR part,
> not the telephone part :-). I need to get a dictionary. Anyone
> have any recommendations? At home I have some Webster's
> Collegiate thing which really should be called Webster's
> Bowdlerized thing; I got it when I first went to college 15 years
> ago.

I discovered the new American Heritage dictionary two years ago, and although
lifting it will tear your arm out of its socket, I've come to love it. It has
more entries than I've seen elsewhere, it came highly recommended when I
bought it, and it has been updated to reflect current usage.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systmes