Re: Windows '95 Online IP Development

Subject: Re: Windows '95 Online IP Development
From: Mary Deaton <Marymd -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 14:48:20 PDT

Roger Bell, I don't know what you mean by Player. Viewer is the multimedia
development tool
from Microsoft. They use it to create their own titles, that and alot of C code.
Viewer is
a superset of the Help compiler. But just because Chicago makes it easier to
develop
multimedia doesn't mean you need to use that capability. I think there are very
few
appl;ication Help system that need sounds, animation, and video to achieve their
goal. I hate
gratuitous multimedia. But learning to use Viewer for reference titles or other
uses where
multimedia makes sense would be a smart move for any technical communicator.

Mary Deaton
KNOWware: Information You Can Use