Re: Overseas Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Overseas Tech Writing
From: Steve Read <sread -at- NIRVANA -dot- NOSUBDOMAIN -dot- NODOMAIN>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 10:08:58 GMT

In article <364mo4$ds2 -at- newsbf01 -dot- news -dot- aol -dot- com>, mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com (MMB1) writes:
|> Calling all expatriate tech writers...
|>
|> Is there anyone out there who has lived and worked overseas as a tech
|> writer? (Are there even jobs out there, or do most foreign software

Over here! Look at me! I've been in England almost 5 years from LA.

|> companies hire only native speakers to write the English versions of their

Most companies prefer native English speakers.

|> documentation?) If so, I'd like to find out how you found the job, where
|> you're working, and if you like it! Plus any pitfalls, of course!

I sent out about 150 resumes. I'm at Oracle now, but I was at IBM. If I
didn't like it, I'd leave :-). Too many pitfalls to list. Want 'em
alphabetically or at random?

|> Thx/rgds, Madeline Bechtold (mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com or mmb -at- qad -dot- com)

Steve Read

Oracle UK