Re: What color suits interviews?

Subject: Re: What color suits interviews?
From: Katharine M Schommer <scho0106 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 23:42:25 GMT

Virginia wrote:
> If I were doing the interviewing, it might. I have an intense aversion
> to the color green. Pure prejudice, I know!

Whew, I bet you have a tough time driving through forested areas and
residential neighborhoods where there are lawns! I guess I wouldn't want
to work for a person/company if the color of my clothes is perceived to
be a qualification. (I look TERRIBLE in gray, so I'd rather risk the
position than show up looking like I have a terminal illness.)

I would hope that most people at least have a "strike zone" rather than
hard-and-fast rules. Mine is clean, neat, conservative (meaning not too
tight, loose, cut up to here or down to there), and respectful (no
potentially offensive t-shirts).

Anyone want to push for legislation? "...race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin ... or fashion sense."

--
Kate Schommer | Avogadro's Number = a mole
scho0106 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu | Avocado's Number = a guacamole