Online document costs! - help

Subject: Online document costs! - help
From: John Eldard <JOHN -at- CONNECT4 -dot- SLC -dot- UNISYSGSG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 11:54:01 -0700

A friend asks:

Help!

One of our university administrators asked us (data processing) to give
him an idea of what it would cost to put the University Policy &
Procedures document online (both edit and view capabilities are
needed).

Our department has yet to jump into the on-line world (except for putting
ascii files on gopher), so I don't know where to begin. My manager and I
are compiling a list of questions including:

What state is the document in now?
Where is it stored?
What format is it in?
What platform will be used?
What are the security requirements for updating?
What are the graphical requirements?
What are the printing requirements?

I will be looking through recent STC journals and the proceedings from
the Minneapolis meeting for ideas. Any suggestions on where to begin,
or which software to use, would be great!

Thanks!

Teri Olsen
Administrative Computing Services
(801) 581-3635 tolsen -at- acs -dot- utah -dot- edu

Please respond directly to teri!