Re: O'seas work

Subject: Re: O'seas work
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 1994 09:57:00 PDT

Although this may not be a legitimate tech writing thread anymore, I feel
the need to defend the status of my marital union! ;) My French husband and
I have been madly in love for over 7 years now. He came here as a student;
the romance was just icing on the cake. [I am nonetheless disappointed that
*I* didn't get a shot a living abroad.]

Beware, however, those false marriages. Immigration is quite viscious at
ferreting them out & punishing all parties involved!

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA

Coincidence, if traced far enough back, becomes inevitable.
--Hineu
Madeline Bechtold (mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com/mmb -at- qad -dot- com) writes:

My (now ex-) husband pulled this scam on me in Germany! (He was British,
too. Yup, that accent is charming, isn't it?.) It cost us both eight years
of misery!

On the other hand, a gay friend of mine got married for the green card,
and as far as I know, that marriage was a happy one. ;)

Um, I'd recommend the intercompany transfer...