Re: O'seas work

Subject: Re: O'seas work
From: MMB1 <mmb1 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 22:25:03 -0400

In article <2E99DD2C -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com>, Sally Marquigny
<SALLYM -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com> writes:

As the immigration laws currently stand, I believe the only folks let in
the
US are:
1. people married to (or about to marry) US citizens or permanent
residents

My advice: Get your current (or future) employer to *transfer* you here
for
however long.

If not feasible, then meet an American over there & fall in love (or not
;)
and get married sooner or later.

Hi Sally,

My (now ex-) husband pulled this scam on me in Germany! (He was British,
too. Yup, that accent is charming, isn't it?.) It cost us both eight years
of misery!

On the other hand, a gay friend of mine got married for the green card,
and as far as I know, that marriage was a happy one. ;)

Um, I'd recommend the intercompany transfer...

Cheers,

Madeline Bechtold (mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com/mmb -at- qad -dot- com)