Online Help Tools

Subject: Online Help Tools
From: MMB1 <mmb1 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 01:34:02 -0400

Hi All!

I am currently spending my days slogging through an online help project
from that place that Dante documented so well. The task would be ghastly
enough even if I had the best tools in the world... but I'm working with
the electronic equivalent of stone knives and bearskins.

A GUI version of our standard product is currently under development. It'd
be nice to slide a better online help system into the design while we were
at it. In an effort to develop some positive vision of what life could be
like if I survive my current task, I've started wondering:

*** What's the state-of-the-art online help package for GUI applications?
***

I've heard vague rumors of products called Doc-to-Help and Robohelp.
Basically, I'm interested in knowing what's out there and why you like (or
don't like) it.

Much obliged!

Thx/rgds,

Madeline Bechtold
Technical Obfuscator
qad, inc. (mmb1 -at- aol -dot- com or mmb -at- qad -dot- com)

P.S.: If you recommend a package, could you please also list the
manufacturer and phone/fax/email address?

\\ The opinions expressed here are my own, but I'll sell them to you real
cheap. Cash only, please.\\