Re: Real time

Subject: Re: Real time
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 11:43:33 EST

Amy,

I was always taught that standard usage says to use the hyphen in a
compound adjective when modifying a noun. Thus "I communicated in real
time" but "The system uses real-time messaging."

Now try me on last-name hyphenation criteria -- I'm a real expert on that!

* Melissa Hunter-Kilmer (mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com) *
* Bureau of National Affairs (NOT the government!) *
* Washington, DC *