Re[2]: O'seas work

Subject: Re[2]: O'seas work
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 17:40:06 -0500

Kasey,

I don't have a SAD version of "Green Card" for you. How about some
happy versions.

Seventeen years ago, my son married a Korean woman three times. They
had a Korean civil ceremony, a military ceremony, and a Christian
ceremony. When my daughter married a man from Beirut twelve years ago,
they were both subjected to an extremely rude grueling interrogation.
I guess the immigration service is just trying to prevent pseudo
marriages; but she said it was a very difficult experience for her.
Both my son and my daughter are still happily married and each of them
has two beautiful daughters.

My niece recently married a French man. He had been living in the US
for quite a while; but they decided to go to France for the wedding
and honeymoon.

I just recently heard that 'green cards' are actually pink.

Virginia

Author: Kasey Chang <KaseyC -at- discopy -dot- com> at SMTP

Speaking of which, we all know the movie "Green Card" (I hope) with false
marriage and all that. And of course there's a lot of girls/women from
Eastern Bloc nations or China that wants to marry an American and come here
then get a divorce (and a lot of genuinely lovely and faithful ladies of
course). Is there a SAD version of "Green Card" written somewhere?