Re[2]: O'seas work

Subject: Re[2]: O'seas work
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 17:12:48 -0500

Sally,

This has existed at least ten years that I know of. Some of the
foreign countries require their students to sign a contract promising
to return after receiving their degrees in the US. However, enforcing
the contract has been very difficult for them.

Also, foreign students do not have to be graduate students to work in
the US. There are about two thousand foreign students here at OSU and
many of them work.

Virginia

Author: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com> at SMTP

Jan Bates says:

>I believe that one way into the workforce is via US graduate school.
>Grad students can apply for a special visa to work for (I think) four
>years after graduation. During that time they usually find a job and
>if they are lucky the employer (ATT, for example) does the necessary
>paper work to convert their visa into an immigrant visa.

You mean we didn't *have* to get married?!?! ;)
This must be a new one 'cuz it sure didn't exist a few years ago. Then
again, maybe it's all a false rumor, of which there are plenty in the wacky
world of INS.

Sally Marquigny Network Imaging Systems
sallym -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com Herndon, VA